Now that summer is here, it means one thing, dressing for the weather so you don’t overheat. For many women who dress modestly or just want to look appropriate for work, this can be difficult—considering many major stores and labels don’t design dresses for women who don’t want to show a lot of skin.
And that just sucks–because it shouldn’t be difficult to find clothing, you know? (The same, of course, could be said for “plus size” clothing, a term I hate, but that’s hard not to use in certain contexts). For many women, modesty is important–Mayim Bialik has written about for Kveller.
Of course, modesty means different things for different women, whether that means wearing sleeves, sleeveless, showing your knees or not, it’s a choice every woman makes for herself.
This is why I rounded up a wide range of options, so you don’t have to spend too much time trying to find a reasonable outfit.
1. Knit dress at Mod Cloth for $70 (comes in plus-size)
2. Midi dress at Mod Cloth for $70
3. A-line dress from Mod Cloth for $70
4. Lace dress at Mod Cloth for $125 (comes in plus size)
5. Button down dress at Uniqlo for $40 (in green or black)
6. Pleated chiffon skirt at Uniqlo for $30 (in white and black)
7. Cotton skirt at Uniqlo for $30 (comes in 5 colors)
8. Striped dress at Ann Taylor for $149
9. Wrap dress at Lord & Taylor for $85
10. Chiffon skirt at Amazon for $20 (comes in multiple colors/patterns and plus size)
11. Pattern skirt at Amazon for $20 (comes in multiple colors/patterns and plus size)
12. Pattern maxi skirt $20 at Amazon (comes in multiple colors/patterns and plus size)
13. Floral dress at Amazon for $15 (comes in multiple colors/patterns and plus size)
14. There’s also this version too, for $13:
15. Knit maxi dress for $20 at Amazon
16. Loose maxi dress for $20 at Amazon (comes in multiple colors)
17. Turtle neck dress at Amazon for $20 (grey and white)