While it feels like it’s too soon to talk about Passover (because we haven’t even made it to Purim yet), Passover is really right around the corner. It starts Friday evening, April 22, and ends Saturday evening, April 30. So, if you’re planning a seder, you’re going to be in need of a haggadah–and if you’re ordering online, that means you probably should start looking now!
Luckily for you, we’ve rounded up nine beautiful haggadahs for your consideration this Passover season. Even better yet, most of these are kid-friendly.
1. “The Schechter Haggadah: Art, History and Commentary,” $40.00 at Modern Tribe. For all history lovers and buffs, it includes historical analysis of each seder tradition.
2. “Our Family Haggadah,” $12.00 at Modern Tribe. This was created by children to tell the story of Passover–which includes illustrations by children. Super cute!
3. “The Bronfman Haggadah,” $20.97 at Modern Tribe. This book is deeply imaginative and has beautiful watercolor illustrations–appropriate for all ages.
4. “30 Minute Seder Haggadah,” $4.87 at Modern Tribe. Hey, sometimes, you just don’t have a lot of time.
5. “60 Minute Seder,” $7.97 at Modern Tribe. If you aren’t into a quickie-seder, but don’t want a multi-hour affair, this one is for you.
6. “A Different Night: The Family Participation Haggadah,” $18.95 at Amazon. Easy to follow, for both adults and children alike.
7. “Joyous Haggadah: The Illuminated Story of Passover,” $9.32 at Amazon. This is perfect for beginners and children.
8. “A Night to Remember: The Haggadah of Contemporary Voices,” $18.95 at Amazon. This is traditional and expansive, with cartoon illustrations, reflections on the meaning of Passover, folktales, songs, and stories.
9. “The Katz Passover Haggadah,” $21.94 at Amazon. This book is literally a work of art in itself. It contains colorful (and at times explicit) artwork that is beautiful, but not always safe for children.