In our house, we always made this carrot souffle at the High Holidays. There’s something about the fall and root vegetables that just feels like such a natural combination. This souffle makes a perfect side dish for your Rosh Hashanah dinner or your Yom Kippur break-fast.
2 pounds of carrots
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 stick butter (can also use margarine)
3 tablespoons flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Steam carrots until soft.
3. Add carrots to the food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Whip together.
4. Pour into a greased bowl or baking dish.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until pudding consistency (set) but not dry.