I love fruity mixed drinks, and this is the best to get you in the festive mood for Tu Bishvat.There are a million ways to make sangria, so don’t be afraid to use whatever fruits and wines you have on hand. If you can let the mix sit for a day, it gives the fruit the chance to soak up the wine and gives the wine a chance to sweeten from the fruits’ natural flavors. It is best to use a glass pitcher (so everyone can see your beautiful creation!) with an open spout and a wide mouth. This way, fruit will pour into the glasses with the wine, and your guests can use a large spoon to fish out all the tasty treats in the drink.
1 bottle dry red wine
1/4 cup brandy
1 bunch grapes
2 fresh figs
1/4 pineapple (optional)
cinnamon sticks (optional)
1. Pour the bottle of wine into the pitcher, add the brandy.
2. Cut up the grapes, apple, and figs into really small pieces.
3. Wash the outside of the orange, cut in half, and then slice thin half-wedges.
4. Dump the fruit into the pitcher and give it a stir with a large wooden spoon.
5. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. The longer it stays in there, the more flavor it will get!