Oct 23 2012
As I cradled my 7-hour old dark-haired beauty in my weary arms, I imagined this day. My pre-teen (the term “tween” had yet to be invented) and I would have a quiet lunch in a café, talk about the exciting changes that awaited her, and then head to Nordstrom for her very first bra-fitting. Like with so many parts of parenting, what I imagined bore scant resemblance to reality. And not for one moment did I ever imagine that our outing would take place in her 10th summer. Read the rest of this entry →
Jul 20 2011
The Talk 7-19-11 Mayim Bialik from Much and House Public Relations on Vimeo.
Mayim did a live taping of The Talk yesterday. Here’s what you didn’t see….
1. The appropriate bra for that dress was in the car, which my husband had taken out yesterday morning as I got ready. Why was my bra in the car? Because we drove home at 1 am the night before from Sacramento, and I got undressed and into my pajamas in the car for the ride home. I found a decent substitute but you know how it is when the right bra for the right outfit is not within reach: it just starts the day off wrong.
2. Those tanned arms of mine? Bronzer. I have the worst farmer tan ever.
3. I didn’t know I would have to walk across the stage before my segment. If I had known that, I might have downgraded from 4 1/2″ heels to 4″ heels. I had terrifying visions of tripping and falling on my face on live television as I waited backstage before they introduced me.
4. On shows like this, you are told ahead of time what you will talk about. So, no; I didn’t “out” Sara Gilbert as a lesbian. She knew we were going to talk about the Chelsea Handler mistaking me for Sara Gilbert story I originally wrote about for Kveller.
5. Yes, host Leah Remini played Anthony Russo’s EMT partner on “Blossom.” Why no one mentioned that is beyond me!
6. Yesterday was the Fast of Tammuz. That means from dawn to dusk no food, no water (it kick starts the 3 weeks leading up to the commemoration of the destruction of the Second Temple by the Romans). So I was quite hungry and thirsty and a wee bit punchy.
7. I didn’t get to announce on national television that I write for kveller.com! The segment was too short to mention a lot of stuff: not my book, not the Emmy nominations that “The Big Bang Theory” just received, not that I am going to Comic-Con this Friday… When asked if my kids listen to music, I almost answered that my children love the Yeshiva University Maccabeats as their primary musical obsession, but I don’t know if “The Talk” audience would have jumped on that horse. No worries. There’s always next time.