Dec 2 2011
All the Jewish parenting news you probably didn’t have time to read this week.
– On Slate, one couple’s story of how to make a baby, the IVF way, accompanied by a very telling slideshow. (Slate)
– In Germany, a 13-pound baby was born. He was the 14th child of his 528-pound diabetic 40-year-old mother. But the real crazy part? His name is Jihad. (Babble)
– A new study suggests that if you want smarter kids, you should space them at least two years apart. It’s also not such a bad idea if you want any semblance of sanity. (Freakonomics)
– In the New York Times, Jennifer Gilmore offers a beautiful, stirring, and often painful look at her journey to adoption. (NYT)
– Here’s a closer look at “extreme parenting,” from pageant moms to football dads. (OWN)