Nov 20 2013
As we scrambled to find the perfect Hanukkah gifts for kids this year, we thought it might be best to go straight to the source. So we asked our contributing editors to ask their kids what they really want. Here goes Tamara Reese who shares what her sons, Owen and Gil, want for Hanukkah this year.
Diecast Dusty Plane ($9.88)
Me: Owen, Why do you want a Dusty plane for Hanukkah?
Owen: “Well, one (finger pointing at me) I don’t have one of those. And two (two fingers) I don’t want to wait for my birthday and THREE (three fingers up) I also want the guy who is mean to Dusty in that movie. Can you check in your computer and order that from Amazon?”
Melissa & Doug See and Spell ($19.99)
Daniel Tiger Figure Set ($19.95)
Engineer Ari & the Hanukkah Mishap ($7.01)
Sadie’s Almost Marvelous Menorah ($6.11)
Bath Toy Net ($7.99)
Noah’s Ark Playmobil ($29.99)
Earlyears Roll n Swirl Ball Ramp ($14.91)
Wooden Play Menorah ($35.00)
Hanukkah Bear ($12.73)
Like this post? Get the best of Kveller delivered straight to your inbox.
Nov 18 2013
For the parents of the kid who would rather play an instrument than soccer, this gift guide is for you!
1. Hohner Kids Toddle Music Band ($21.99) Your little one will rock out and have a blast with this toddler music set, complete with a xylophone, sea drum, bells, and beads!
2. Darice 80-Piece Deluxe Art Set ($17.49) We truthfully want this for ourselves. This all inclusive art set includes water colored pencils, oil pastels, watercolors, paintbrushes, and pencils. Your refrigerator door will be thoroughly decorated for years. Read the rest of this entry →
Nov 14 2013
Hanukkah is upon us. Instead of breaking out your old menorah, why not browse for a new one in our menorah picks guide for 2013! We have a bunch of options from ModernTribe that are “Kveller-approved” and easy on the eyes.
1. VW Bus Wheeling Groovy Menorah ($65.00) Toot toot, beep beep! This 60s inspired menorah is a great gift for your Flower Power friends and family–or for the inner hippie in you!
2. Temple Menorah ($140) This simple and sleek menorah has a unique design and a modern, woodsy feel. It will look good in any window and last for Hanukkahs to come. Read the rest of this entry →
Nov 13 2013
So these gifts for kids may range a bit over your desired price point–but, hey, isn’t that what grandparents are for? Share this list with your parents and let them be the ones who spoil them!
1. Magna-Tiles Clear Colors 100 Piece Set ($120) For kids 3 and above, these are a great way to learn mathematical spacial relationships & logic while engaging in some creative building. We promise, it’s more fun than it sounds.
2. Mini 3-in-1 Scooter ($114.99) This is the most economically savvy scooter we’ve ever seen. It “grows” with your kid–you can adjust the height and handlebars as he/she gets taller. Read the rest of this entry →
Nov 11 2013
Throwing a Hanukkah party? Well, we have the party favors and gifts you’ll need to have one gelty rager!
1. Hanukkah cookie cutters ($5.39) Break out the rolling pins and sprinkles. These large cookie cutters will make some seriously delicious dreidel and Jewish star-shaped cookies!
2. Elope Menorah Glasses ($9.99) Usually you seem like you’re hiding a black eye or avoiding eye contact when wearing sunglasses inside–but these will be fun to wear around the house and you’ll get great photos of your kids modeling them. Read the rest of this entry →
Nov 7 2013
Unless you plan to live for another 80,000 years, this is the only Thanksgivukkah we’ll see in our lifetime–all the more reason to get as festive as possible for this mash-up holiday. Below you’ll find our tricked out gift guide for the Gelturkey lover in you.
1. Menurkey Menorah: Plaster Edition ($50). It’s the official menorah of Thanksgivukkah, and your kids can make it their own with acrylic paints!
2. Thanksgivukkah Kids T-shirt ($29) Every once-in-a-lifetime occasion should be marked with a t-shirt, no? Celebrate eight days of light, liberty, and latkes with the official Thanksgivukkah t-shirt (and they make them for adults, too!). Read the rest of this entry →
Nov 4 2013
If your toddler is the proud owner of 3T skinny jeans, black-rimmed glasses, or anything with a mustache on it, let’s face it: you’ve got a hipster toddler. This Hanukkah, embrace their cool factor with some of our favorite gifts for the trendy toddler set.
1. Converse All Stars for kids ($23-$45). These Chucks are perfect for the little hipster who can’t tie his shoes yet. Pair with skinny jeans and BAM, you’re ready to walk the streets of Brooklyn. Bonus gift? The Retro Pillow Hightop ($19.00) so they can look fly even when they nap.
2. Little Yids Chanukitty Hanukkah Sweater ($38). Now that we’ve got the shoes covered, let’s take care of another hipster classic: the ugly holiday sweater. To be honest, this one isn’t even that ugly. In fact, it’s pretty darn cute. Also of note: the Little Yids Spinmaster Sweater. Read the rest of this entry →