HOW TODDLERS THRIVE w/Prof. TovaFree
Kings Bay Y at North Williamsburg
14 Hope Street, Brooklyn NY 1121, New York NY 11211
HOW TODDLERS THRIVE
What Parents Can Do Today for Children ages 2-5 to Plant the Seeds of Lifelong Success
With Professor Tovah Klein
Director of Barnard College Center for Toddler Development
"HOW TODDLERS THRIVE" distills decades of Prof. Klein's experience with parents and children ages 2-5 into a book that gives parents the tools they need to enjoy their interactions with their toddlers, and at the same time sow the seeds for a lifetime of success. Dr. Klein will discuss how parents can:
* Understand the often-mystifying aspects of toddler behavior
* Shift perspective to view the world from your child's point-of-view
* Create clear routines, limits and boundaries
* Interact in ways that help you through the day-to-day struggles
* Ensure that your toddler receives the kinds of attention, guidance and interactions they need at this unique window in their lives to develop the crucial lifelong skills of resilience, self-reliance, self-regulation and empathy and compassion.
Dr. Klein's book aims to help parents "crack the toddler code" of every day behaviors that offer the opportunity to lay down a solid, lifelong foundation, including practical advice ("What to Do") so that parents can troubleshoot day-to-day challenges and guide and support their children into becoming the person they are meant to be.
About Professor Tovah Klein:
Prof. Tovah Klein, director of the Barnard College Center for Toddler Development, has spent the last two decades studying the psychology of two- to five-year-olds. Her new book, How Toddlers Thrive: What Parents
Can Do Today for Children Ages 2 to 5 to Plant the Seeds of Lifelong Success, offers parents and educators
a window into this unique part of childhood.
RSVP HERE: http://tinyurl.com/toddlersthrive