Kveller.com is seeking a full-time editorial assistant to join our staff. We’re a Jewish parenting website for smart, savvy moms, but the good news is you don’t need to be a mom to work here. You also don’t need to be Jewish, though some familiarity with Jewish culture and traditions helps. What we’re really looking for is someone who can write, edit, promote Kveller on social media, and keep a finger on the pulse of parenting trends and Jewish news.
Tasks for this entry-level job will include:
– Editing blog posts and loading them onto the site via WordPress
– Running Kveller’s social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
– Writing our semi-weekly e-newsletters
– Writing occasional blog posts
– Updating the Kveller.com homepage daily
– Strong editorial eye, knowledge of grammar, and ability to follow in-house style guide
– Familiarity with social media a must
– Strong writer, able to match Kveller’s current tone
– Good visual eye for photos accompanying blog posts
– Some familiarity with Photoshop helpful
– Plays well with others (i.e. team player, likes collaborating)
– Strong attention to detail
The position will start as early as January 2014, working out of our Midtown Manhattan office. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance. To apply for this position, please send a resume, writing sample, and cover letter and include the website or Twitter feed you are most enjoying these days and why, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Editorial Assistant” in the subject line.