In honor of Kveller’s Dude Week, I sat down with my very private husband Mike to do a little Esquire-style interviewing. I started off each sentence (the bold part), and he finished them. Very exclusive! Enjoy!
1. Being Mayim Bialik’s husband is (a little bit like): juggling fire.
2. People think stay-at-home dads: can’t get a job.
3. I want my sons to be: whatever they want to be.
4. Elimination Communication helps: to (almost) never have to change a solid poop diaper.
5. My sons describe me as: squishy.
6. The family bed makes for: an occasional foot in the face.
8. Having two blond kids with blue eyes when I have dark brown hair and brown eyes is: a reminder of my dad and brother.
9. It’s important to protect our sons from the public eye because: they didn’t have a say in any of this.
10. If I could change one thing about being a dad: I wouldn’t, butterfly effect and all.
11. The sling we used most for our boys (Maya Wrap ring sling): was the only one that fit me well.
12. Waking up with a 6-year-old glued to my body: makes for a warmer morning.
14. People think Mayim calls all the shots in our life but: I’m not sure who those “people” are.
15. When our kids grow up I hope that: Phantom Menace will not be their favorite Star Wars movie.
16. I never knew before having kids that breastfeeding: was hard.
17. On weekends I wish I could: sleep in.
18. Mayim working has led to: a lot of travel and a couple nice watches.