Jul 11 2014
I had taken a week off from blogging and social media due to surgery required for my hand, which was injured in a car accident two years ago. I am using voice dictation programs, but this particular post is being dictated to Fancy Assistant Brandon, who, as I said after my accident two years ago, is not only literally my right-hand man, but helps fill in the blanks of my brain as well.
Here are the top five funny/amazing/wonderful things that happened in this past week. I write this with full awareness that the situation in Israel remains critical and this post is not meant in any way to detract from the seriousness and intensity of what is going on in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza. (Here is the most recent post I wrote about the situation.)
1. The Empire Strikes Back. Read the rest of this entry →
Jul 10 2014
We are thrilled to announce that our dear Mayim Bialik was nominated for her third consecutive Emmy award for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series. Also, wishing a giant congratulations to Mayim’s castmate Jim Parsons for his Best Actor nomination, and to the entire cast of “Big Bang Theory,” which is up for a Best Comedy Series. Mazel Tov to all the nominees!
Stay tuned to read Mayim’s reaction tomorrow.
Love Mayim? Get her latest blog posts delivered straight to your inbox.
May 28 2014
We are extremely happy to report that our very own Mayim Bialik has been nominated for a Critics’ Choice Television Award!
Mayim, along with co-star Kaley Cuoco, was nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series. “The Big Bang Theory” was also nominated for Best Comedy Series, and Jim Parsons for Best Actor in a Comedy Series. (Also, James Earl Jones was nominated for his guest appearance on Big Bang, because, come on, he’s James Earl Jones.)
The awards will be held on June 19th, so stay tuned and keep your fingers crossed until then. Mazel tov, Mayim!
Jan 21 2014
Not to belabor the losing point, but I did not win a SAG award this weekend, nor did Jim Parsons, nor did our show. That’s just the way it goes, it’s an honor just to be nominated, blah blah blah, I know.
Here are some photos from my evening nonetheless.
Getting ready with Robert Ramos (hair), stylist Alison M. Kahn (clothing stylist), and make-up extravaganza Linda Cowan (who does my make-up on The Big Bang Theory).
The lipstick choices Linda provided me with. I had no clue what to wear, so she picked.
Me with Kaley Cuoco and Melissa Rauch at the awards.
Me at the awards, my official selfie of the night. Read the rest of this entry →
Jan 17 2014
Alright, people. The last of the January awards shows is this weekend. The SAG Awards are the awards of the union of actors of which I am part of. The votes are cast by actors, for actors. It’s a peer event and I am feeling the weight of that with every fiber of my being.
Trust me on this one. It is a true honor to be acknowledged by people who know exactly how hard it is to be an actor and to make choices we actors make, and all of that artsy crafty actor stuff that non-actors think sounds bonkers and just really dumb.
I am nominated as part of our cast and individually as an actress in a category that is comprised of lead actresses and little old me. Yeah, I was shocked, too. Read the rest of this entry →
Jan 14 2014
I picked this week to take out my dining room fixture. It’s the brightest and best light in the house and it’s in the room where I get my hair and makeup done but I have disliked it for many years. For a ton of interesting and not interesting reasons, I chose this week to finally be done with it and remove it from the ceiling, thus leaving my hair and makeup team no good light with which to make me up. Don’t ask. So I gathered every other lamp I could and plugged them in and thank goodness make-up lady Linda brought a light to clamp to a chair, so we were all good. But didn’t I feel like a dolt. Yeah, I did. Here’s some of the lamps in my dining room.
Snazzy limo in effect. Neon lights. Big enough for 10 of my closest friends even though I did not have 10 friends with me. Here’s the limo: Read the rest of this entry →
Dec 11 2013
I got nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award!
This is a huge deal because:
1. There isn’t a Supporting Actress category and I am a supporting actress person. You can tell by my salary and by the proportion of plot lines and a bunch of other stuff that designates actresses as lead versus supporting. But I broke on in to this category and it’s insane!
2. SAG is an organization of my peers. It’s actors voting and actors nominating and that makes it such a huge honor. The politics of the Emmys are so complicated and the voters are not all actors, but to be acknowledged by actors is the biggest compliment of all. It’s insane!
3. Jim Parsons and “The Big Bang Theory” show were also nominated. I am so happy for Jim and for our show, but it’s extra special amazing insane to be a nominee along with Jim and our show. It’s very special. And it’s insane!
4. Now I will be extra nervous that night! It’s insane!
I already have a gorgeous dress in the works and I think it’s perfect for me as a nominee. (Yes, there are dresses that are more nominee-appropriate than others, believe it or not.) I don’t think I have ever been as excited about a dress as I am about this one, and that’s really nice to know that I am feeling less stressed about the dress than usual so I can be stressed about the nomination as my main focal point of anxiety.
Now I really have to make sure my heels aren’t too high. Because it’s one thing for me to trip and fall on the red carpet, but it’s a whole other thing for me as a nominee to trip and fall on the red carpet.
It’s insane. I am so grateful and excited. Thank you, SAG!
Love Mayim? Get her latest blog posts delivered straight to your inbox.
Sep 23 2013
1. Losing Team. Let’s just get it out of the way right now: losing sucks. I am a fiercely competitive person about everything from how fast I can run up a flight of stairs to how much someone loves me. Since I was a very small child, I wanted to win all things and be the best at everything and if not, challenge myself to try to be the best by beating myself up for not being the best. So, yeah: losing sucks. I am happy for Merritt Weaver and sure, being nominated makes me a winner, except when it doesn’t because I lost. I am fine, I am OK. I’m not broken, just bent. And I will learn to love again.
2. Eating. Because I am a vegan, eating is often hard at fancy Hollywood parties. I did a smart thing this weekend, though. I attended an awesome PETA event where I could eat literally anything there! Here is the vegan mac n cheez I ate and some of the adorable beautiful animal-cruelty free desserts they had. Yay for PETA. And for feeding me to help metabolize some of the drinks I had that night! Read the rest of this entry →
Sep 18 2013
Well, folks, the Emmys are this Sunday. Since Sukkot starts tonight at sundown, I (and Kveller.com) will be off the grid Thursday and Friday. That means that the next you will hear from me is from the Emmys (if I can get reception to tweet!) and then after the Emmys.
Here is how it’s shaping up.
I kicked off Emmy week with the Audi and Altuzarra Pre-Emmy party in West Hollywood (for pictures from the event, click here and here). Since I drive an Audi A4 and am totally in love with it, I was thrilled to celebrate in the Audi spirit. Even the bartenders’ aprons had the Audi logo on them! Read the rest of this entry →
Aug 8 2013
As many of you know, I received my second Emmy nomination a few weeks ago for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy for my work on “The Big Bang Theory.” It’s been very exciting, even–especially!?–the second time around. It means lots of interviews, lots of excitement for our show, which was also nominated, my co-nominee Jim Parsons, who was also nominated, and it’s just crazy exciting all over town.
It also means something that many women love to think about but which I famously don’t: finding a dress. And getting dressed up like a princess. And hair being styled and make-up being done and jewelry being selected and shoes and a purse and blah blah blah blah. None of that stuff thrills me. I am a tomboy, I am grumpy, I have not had a manicure in maybe 10 years, I don’t like pampering, and I hate sitting in one place for more than five minutes.
Anyway. Read the rest of this entry →