Jul 31 2014
1. It’s pop culture I actually know of.
Since I don’t watch TV or go to many movies and am generally out of sync with pop culture, it’s very thrilling to be asked to be part of something that I actually know about. (Case in point: when I auditioned for my role on “The Big Bang Theory” and was asked to do a female impression of Jim Parsons’ Sheldon character, my response was, “Who’s Jim Parsons, who’s Sheldon, and what is ‘The Big Bang Theory’?”) I watched “Candid Camera” on and off as a child and there’s something very surreal and exciting about being part of something that I actually used to watch. Note to J.J. Abrams, if you decide to bring back “Lost,” I was a huge fan and I’d love to be on that too.
2. Breaking up the monotony. Read the rest of this entry →
Jul 10 2014
We are thrilled to announce that our dear Mayim Bialik was nominated for her third consecutive Emmy award for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series. Also, wishing a giant congratulations to Mayim’s castmate Jim Parsons for his Best Actor nomination, and to the entire cast of “Big Bang Theory,” which is up for a Best Comedy Series. Mazel Tov to all the nominees!
Stay tuned to read Mayim’s reaction tomorrow.
Love Mayim? Get her latest blog posts delivered straight to your inbox.
Apr 23 2014
The eight days of Passover are over as of last night. Here are the highlights of my days of Chol Ha’Moed (the intermediate days) and the final religious days of the holiday.
1. Heartburn. Never had it in my life. Apparently, it happens to a lot of people from matzah. So I’m a vegan. And I don’t eat kitniyot during Passover (beans, corn, rice, etc). And I basically was unable to eat matzah for the final four days. Try and think of what I could eat. Not a lot. It was lots of fruit, spinach with Russian dressing, nuts, and dates. And some BBQ potato chips. And the last of the corn syrup-free Passover Coke. Mama was hungry. And pretty grumpy.
2. Universal Studios. Read the rest of this entry →
Apr 17 2014
I feel like I can’t even put two sentences together. Passover has me worked. I’m tired of cooking, I’m tired of not being able to eat out (I know, I am spoiled, I know!) My stomach already hurts from matzah. That set in literally 24 hours into the holiday. Okay: I’m done kvetching. I just had to put that out there.
And, oh, here’s my lunch from the set of “The Big Bang Theory” the other day.
Mmmmmm. Matzah. Read the rest of this entry →
Apr 10 2012
Here’s what I ate for lunch on set yesterday: Mango quinoa, charoses, matzoh and margarine. Yum!
Jan 30 2012
The SAG awards were last night, and Mayim made an appearance looking hot and holy, as always! It’s also of note that Mayim Bialik was trending on Twitter at 5 p.m., whatever that means. Hang tight and we’ll have her own post up here soon, but until then, here are a few links from the red carpet that the Kveller team dug up:
- Here’s a very glamorous head-to-toe shot from the red carpet. (Yahoo)
- Kelly Osbourne tweeted, “Why am I fanning out so hard over Blossom?” to which a deluge of fans replied, “Because she’s awesome!”
- Amy Kaufman interviews Mayim and asks the age old question, “If the Big Bang Theory wins tonight, what are you going to do to celebrate?” in which Mayim responds, “Go to sleep!” (LA Times)
- The city of Houston was kvelling over Mayim, who “Made a big bang on the red carpet… wearing Houston designers.” Close up of jewelry included! (Culture Map Houston)
- And finally, Mayim’s hair made a splash. Her ‘do was included on E!’s Suprise Carpet Trend: Milk-Braids edition. (E! Online)