Aug 22 2012
Monday night I made my first red carpet appearance since my accident. It was an Emmy nominee reception hosted by the people who actually vote for who wins the Emmys.
I’m going to be honest. Monday was a rough day, recovery-wise. I almost didn’t go but went for a few reasons. First, it’s a fantastic opportunity to schmooze with the people who will potentially vote for me to win the award. Second, I saw it as an opportunity to prepare for a night of filming, which would be the next night, in terms of staying awake past 7 p.m., which I had yet to do since the accident. And finally, I had an awesome Tadashi Shoji dress already picked out and we all know you can’t disappoint your stylist.
The evening was a tremendous success, both professionally and personally. Here are my highlights.
1. Getting dressed. It normally takes me one hour flat to get ready. Monday night, I left myself two hours since things I took for granted, such as putting on my own SPANX, takes a longer time when someone else is doing it, especially when the SPANXer and the SPANXee are giggling hysterically. We got me out the door lookin’ pretty sharp and all I could think was: we put Humpty Dumpty back together. Read the rest of this entry →
Jul 20 2012
At the Emmys last year.
I got nominated for an Emmy yesterday. Like for realz. Emmy. Nominated. Me.
Here is the Kveller.com exclusive with all of the details you won’t hear from EW.com, New York Magazine, Good Day LA, and so on.
Where Was I?
I am in Atlanta and that’s where I was yesterday morning when I found out. I was in my best friend’s kitchen.
What Was I Doing?
I had just completed a phone interview with a parenting site about World Breastfeeding Awareness Month. I was so certain I was not being nominated that I didn’t even hesitate about scheduling the interview for the exact time the announcements were made. In fact, as the announcements were about to begin, I texted my best friend from her bedroom where I was doing the interview to tell her that I didn’t get nominated, but “the announcements are starting.” I also emailed a good friend of mine last night who was wishing me good luck, “I am 99.99999% sure I am not nominated. But Kristen Wiig will be!” Read the rest of this entry →
Jul 19 2012
The internet is buzzing with news of my Emmy nomination for The Big Bang Theory. Here’s all the interviews I’ve done so far and some other features:
- Making the good side of “snappy judgments” in this post on TVLine.
- My brief reaction to being nominated on Hollywood.com.
- A nod on my first-time nomination from USA today.
- My interview on Entertainment Weekly.
- My tweet was mentioned on The Hollywood Reporter, and then they interviewed me.
- I make the favorite nomination list on BuddyTV.
- I’m among the funny women of comedy line-up on Slate’s XXfactor blog.
- Featured in this write up from Jewcy.com.
- A nice write up from the super kind and generous folks at an amazing parenting blog called Kveller.
Kveller will also be interviewing me here in just a bit. Any questions you’d like them to ask?