Apr 4 2014
We love when Kveller writers become friends with each other over the internet, and it’s even sweeter when they get to hang out in real life! Here’s Mayim, who was in Boston with Texas Instruments promoting “Stem Behind Hollywood” with Kveller contributing editor Carla Naumburg (whose forthcoming book on mindful parenting is now available for pre-order on Amazon!).
Love Mayim? Get her latest blog posts delivered straight to your inbox.
Sep 20 2012
I was in a serious car accident about a month ago and I received an email during my recovery from a woman who saw the accident happen and was compelled to stop her car and come help me. Why? Check this out: she didn’t want to help because I was a famous person on television. She wanted to help because she read an article I wrote for Kveller about helping people even when it’s inconvenient, difficult, and might seem impossible.
I’m writing to you now to ask for your help in a different way, even though it might not be easy or convenient. Kveller has gathered an incredible group of female writers who put words to feelings which are not typically shared. It is one of the few places I’ve found on the internet where intelligence, courage, wit, and honesty are the foundation.
The world of social media and internet information can distract us and dumb us down, but Kveller is a place that rises above that. Kveller challenges us to inspire, confront, and grow–as individuals, as parents, as a community, as a people–and that’s something I’m proud to be a part of.
That’s why I write for Kveller. That’s why I want to keep writing for Kveller. And that’s why we’re asking for your support.
Kveller depends on donations from people like you to cover 85% of its budget. Kveller is a project of a non-profit organization. Help make a difference by making a tax-deductible donation today.
Mar 9 2012
What’s been going on at Kveller this week, you ask? Here we go:
- There was a Kveller ladies reunion at the Manhattan JCC on Monday, and here’s a picture to prove it.
- Kveller contributing editor Tamara Reese announced her second pregnancy, along with the most adorable announcement photographs we’ve ever seen.
- In honor of Purim, Renee Septimus waxed poetic about Unorthodox, the new memoir everyone’s talking about, and her own experience with women from the Satmar community.
- Carla Naumburg, a self-proclaimed non-Attachment Parent, talks about her experience with reading Beyond the Sling.
- Kveller got a makeover! Check out the homepage for the new look and for fun features like “Name my baby for me.”