Jan 28 2013
One of the poses during which my hand is in total pain.
Well, folks: I did it. I survived Awards Month 2013. It started with the People’s Choice Awards, then the Golden Globes, and the SAG Awards were last night.
As you’ve come to expect from me, here’s the honest-to-goodness truth about what it was like from Mayim’s perspective.
1. Preparing. Stylist Ali was certain this dress she chose for me months ago would be amaaaazing; I was skeptical: too bright, too blue, too tight. But I trusted her, mostly because I am so stressed with the divorce and everything relating to that that I can’t really fight anyone on anything fashion-related right now. And she knew that. And she used it to her advantage! My favorite beloved hair/make-up artist was available for last night and that always makes me feel trusting, because she’s so cool and relaxed and super honest and low-stress. We gave ourselves plenty of time to get me ready and I was ready to walk out the door by 3 p.m. Read the rest of this entry →
Jan 31 2012
I spent last week in Florida with my husband and our boys, Fred (3 1/2) and Miles (6). I spoke for the Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando, and spent a shabbos at the dynamic and very diverse Boca Raton Synagogue, where my friend and study partner Allison “Jew in the City” Josephs and I were the scholars in residence. We flew home the Sunday after Shabbat ended, to make it home for the SAG awards for which our show had been nominated for Best Ensemble. So the flight home was the morning of the awards, getting into LAX just in time for me to get my hair and make-up done and fly out the door. Read the rest of this entry →
Jan 30 2012
The SAG awards were last night, and Mayim made an appearance looking hot and holy, as always! It’s also of note that Mayim Bialik was trending on Twitter at 5 p.m., whatever that means. Hang tight and we’ll have her own post up here soon, but until then, here are a few links from the red carpet that the Kveller team dug up:
- Here’s a very glamorous head-to-toe shot from the red carpet. (Yahoo)
- Kelly Osbourne tweeted, “Why am I fanning out so hard over Blossom?” to which a deluge of fans replied, “Because she’s awesome!”
- Amy Kaufman interviews Mayim and asks the age old question, “If the Big Bang Theory wins tonight, what are you going to do to celebrate?” in which Mayim responds, “Go to sleep!” (LA Times)
- The city of Houston was kvelling over Mayim, who “Made a big bang on the red carpet… wearing Houston designers.” Close up of jewelry included! (Culture Map Houston)
- And finally, Mayim’s hair made a splash. Her ‘do was included on E!’s Suprise Carpet Trend: Milk-Braids edition. (E! Online)