Nov 21 2014
Yesterday was a busy day for Mayim Bialik. First she hit up the ladies on “The View” to talk about landing a role in “Beaches,” how to practice attachment parenting once your kids are no longer babies, and the recent “Shamy” developments on “The Big Bang Theory.”
Highlights include Mayim cracking a joke about breastfeeding her 6-year-old, doing an expert imitation of a bobble head, and Rosie O’Donnell declaring her love for Kveller. Watch the clip below: Read the rest of this entry →
Sep 2 2014
Why is hosting “Candid Camera” with Peter Funt so much fun?
1. I get to be a part of a television legend. Peter’s father, Alan, created “Candid Camera” almost 60 years ago. It is the original hidden camera reality show.
2. I get to laugh. “Candid Camera” is my style of humor and I seriously laugh so hard. I don’t see the clips before we film in front of a live audience but watch them together, so you are seeing my actual reactions on camera. Laughing is good for the soul! Read the rest of this entry →
Jul 24 2014
We are super happy to report that along with seeing Mayim Bialik in her Emmy-nominated role in “The Big Bang Theory,” or in the newly-syndicated reruns of “Blossom,” we’ll now have one more way of catching Mayim on TV.
Entertainment Weekly just announced that Mayim will be the host of the new reboot of the classic show “Candid Camera.”
The series will premiere on TV Land on Monday, August 11. So mark your calendars, tune in, and join us in wishing Mayim a hearty mazel tov!
Love Mayim? Get her latest blog posts delivered straight to your inbox.
Feb 17 2014
Backstage at the Bill Maher show.
I was on “Real Time with Bill Maher” last Friday, Valentine’s Day. Here are the highlights:
I like Bill Maher quite a bit. So being a guest on his show was extra pressure because I like him and respect him and didn’t want to come off like a dolt.
2. The Other Dudes.
Um. Jeremy Scahill? You are seriously smart. Like really smart. You remind me of my UCLA Marxism professor I had a huge crush on because he was super duper serious and cerebral and you didn’t know if he ever laughed but you wanted to be the girl who made him laugh. Never mind. I have issues. Anyway. Jeremy Scahill and Eric Klinenberg and Dylan Ratigan? You’re all super smart. Bill Nye the Science Guy as the first guest? Super duper smart and eloquent. Didn’t want to come off like a dolt in front of these men.
3. A Natural Woman.
I am very sensitive to situations where I feel so… female. Like on the Bill Maher show. I was especially nervous about coming off like a dolt because then people might say, “Oh, that woman said something dumb.” Read the rest of this entry →
Nov 19 2013
1. History. I have been on “Arsenio” before. Well, I was on his former show in the 90s about five times. The first time was after “Beaches” came out and I played the trumpet on his show. Yes, I was that precocious actor kid giggling and playing a musical instrument for the pleasure of the audience. I was on again a bunch of times when I was on “Blossom” and if you go to my website you can see the video clips of all of those cringeworthy (for me) moments of me on “Arsenio.” Some include me in a floppy hat, dress, vest, and Doc Martens. Awkward!
2. Backstage. Sherri Shepherd from “The View” was on “Arsenio” last night, too. She came into my dressing room and was very sweet. I have been on “The View” to discuss my book on Attachment Parenting, Beyond the Sling, and they sort of gave me a hard time about a lot of it but they were also fairly nice. Then when I got divorced, some of the former hosts were not really nice at all. But Sherri has always been kind and supportive and we had some good laughs backstage. She also specifically said she wishes she could bottle and sell my hips which surprised me but I guess they are nice in the right light. Read the rest of this entry →
Oct 3 2013
I was on The Queen Latifah show yesterday. I have been a fan of hers for years, and I was very excited to be a guest, especially when I found out that Earvin “Magic” Johnson was going to be a guest too!
The hair and make-up artists who turn me into Amy Farrah Fowler weekly on “The Big Bang Theory” got to make me up all glam for this appearance and that was great fun. Doing my hair and make-up at Big Bang typically takes about 30 minutes total since I barely wear much make-up at all as Amy and straightening my naturally wavy-ish hair doesn’t take that long either. This appearance was a chance for the ladies who normally don’t get to do much fun stuff with me to have fun. And they sure did! I was very happy with the “different” look they gave me and they were tickled to be able to glam me up.
I had stylist Ali help me select a “casual” outfit but I think I always end up looking kind of dressed up since I don’t wear pants or jeans… oh well. We chose a simple J. Crew pencil skirt, my favorite Boden 3/4 T-shirt, and a fun necklace that I got as SWAG last year before the Emmys. And of course, tall heels. Read the rest of this entry →
Dec 7 2012
I appeared on The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson last week. Here’s the video. Here’s Top 10 Things You Should Know About My Appearance.
10. I had no idea what Craig would talk to me about. At all. They don’t prep you for his show like they do for other talk shows. It’s sort of like a crazy high pressure cocktail party. And for the record, even mellow non-tape-recorded cocktail parties feel like high-pressure cocktail parties to me because I am socially anxious. So imagine my anxiety for this appearance. Yeah: high. Read the rest of this entry →
May 15 2012
I went on The Doctors last week to discuss attachment parenting, extended breastfeeding, and my book. Check out the segment below!