When considering the letter “K,” I cannot help but think of the Kardashian-Jenners: Kim, Kourtney, Khloe, Kris, Kendall, Kylie and Kashmir. Admittedly, I just made up Kashmir Kardashian, but the point remains! The Kardashian-Jenner family is so pervasive in American pop culture that it’s a challenge to come up with “K” names that aren’t somehow related to them.
But guess what? Kim, there’s people that are dying — and also, you don’t own the letter K! In fact, there are plenty of beautiful Jewish baby names that begin with the letter “K.” Here’s a list of our favorite “K” Jewish baby names.
1. Kalanit — Build me up, Kalanit! In Hebrew, Kalanit means “buttercup.” It can also be spelled “Calanit.”
2. Katriella — Meaning “my crown is God” in Hebrew, Katriella is a great option if you like “Katherine” or “Gabriella” but want a more unique name.
3. Kelilah — Kelilah is a perfect baby name. Literally! In Hebrew, Kelilah means “perfect.”
4. Keshet — In Hebrew, Keshet means “rainbow.” It’s a lovely name if you’re looking to honor LGBTQ+ Jews.
5. Kira — A diminutive for the Hebrew name Yakira, Kira has various meanings. It can mean “dear,” “beloved” or “leader of the people.”
6. Kriendel — In Yiddish, this name means “crown,” making it an apt choice for your tiny princess.
7. Kochav — If you see a bright future for your baby, regardless of gender, perhaps name them Kochav! In Hebrew, this unisex name means “star.”
8. Katriel — Like its feminine counterpart Katriella, Katriel means “my crown is God.”
9. Kfir — There might be a lot of “The Lion King” in your future with your Kfir. In Hebrew, Kfir means “young lion.”
10. Kobe — Originating in Hebrew, Kobe is an alternative version of the name Jacob. (Like the biblical patriarch!) Perhaps the most famous Kobe ever was basketball legend Kobe Bryant, may his memory be a blessing.
11. Koppel — In Yiddish, Koppel means “supplanter.” If you’re a news junkie, naming your son Koppel could honor iconic Jewish broadcast journalist Ted Koppel.
Click here for a full list of Jewish baby names that start with the letter “K.”