One of the greatest things about having a summer garden is harvesting vegetables in the fall. But if you, like me, have an overabundance of certain vegetables like zucchini, it can be overwhelming to figure out what to do with them. One of my favorite solutions is to make zucchini bread. And trust me, your kids will love eating their vegetables when they taste like this. Also, you can easily make extra loaves to freeze and use whenever you need–from Yom Kippur break fast to dessert at your next book group.
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
3. Beat eggs until frothy.
4. Add sugar, oil, and vanilla. Mix together.
5. Stir in flour, zucchini, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
6. Fill prepared loaf pan 3/4 full with batter.
7. Bake for 1 hour.
(This can make two loaves depending on the size of your pans.)