1. As I walked into the party, I spotted Warren Beatty five feet from me. Hollywood legend: check.
2. Some celebrities were smoking pot on the patio. Illicit drug use: check.
3. As I approached the red carpet, the entire bubbly cast of “Glee” came up behind me, thereby instantaneously eliminating any one photographer’s interest in taking my picture. Being humbled (trying not to think of it as upstaged!) by the awesome show that won “Best Show”: check.
4. My SPANX-like undergarments were so confounding that I came extremely close to urinating all over myself and my dress when using the facilities. Near undergarment mishap: check.
5. I could not help saying hello to James Marsden, who guest starred on “Blossom” in our early seasons. I told him I was very happy for his success and he was lovely and kind about his fond remembrances of working on our show. Famous actor who was a fledgling actor on “Blossom” but is still a nice guy: check.
6. After passing trays and trays of lamb chops, humongous shrimp cocktail platters, whole turkeys and dead animals I could not even identify, I found a vegan pasta dish! Vegan-friendly food: check.
7. I was incredibly impressed by the live 10 person band that covered every current and past popular song amazingly. Being astounded by true artistic talent amidst a lot of hype and flash: check.
8. I had some wonderful intelligent conversations with some of the “Big Bang Theory” writers and producers. Faith in people and conversations of content existing in a sea of platitudes, plastic people, and false bravado: check.
9. Claire Danes and I found ourselves passing each other in close proximity. She grabbed onto my arm and quietly and very sincerely told me she grew up with my show and loves me. I stammered an “I love you, too!” and watched her walk away as if I had just seen Santa Claus. Super amazing actress who I really admire being complimentary and super nice: check.
10. Clive Owen was not there. I really thought last night might have been the night he and I met, fell in love, and began a lengthy difficult journey towards divorcing our spouses, breaking up our childrens’ stable homes, and living an ecstatic and highly romantic life together. Reality intact: check.