As you may know, Kveller is part of a nonprofit organization, which by definition means we’re not making money. Thus, we need yours. As you plan your end-of-the-(Jewish) year tzedakah, we think you should consider adding Kveller to your list, and here are a few good reasons why:
1. We highlight the voices of Jewish women.Don’t get me wrong, we love our men. And we’d love some more men. (Writers, I’m talking about writers!) But it isn’t often that women come together and share their stories about motherhood in such honest, empowering, and hilarious ways.
2. We’re not afraid to duke it out.Here at Kveller, we take on the tough issues of raising Jewish children, and we welcome different perspectives. We’re supportive, but we also tell it like it is.
3. We’ve used the words “vibrator” and “Rabbi” in the same sentence.Need I say more?
4. We have useful information.Looking for recipes? Gift ideas? How to say the blessings over the candles on Friday night? Information on Jewish genetic diseases? We’ve got you covered.
5. It’s the right thing to do. What kind of Jewish mother would I be if I didn’t play the guilt card? Supporting Kveller is a mitzvah, and you should do it.
Have I convinced you? If so, please consider supporting Kveller.com. And whatever you do, we wish you a very Happy New Year.
Kveller.com depends on donations from people like you to cover 85% of its operating budget. Help make a difference by making a tax-deductible donation today.