Are you a history buff? Do you have a shrine to notable Jewish historical figures in your basement? Then why not take it to the next level and name your kid after your favorite past Jew? Here are just a few suggestions to get you started.
1) Simon (Simon Bar Kokhba–revolutionary)
2) Emile (Emile Durkheim–sociologist)
3) George (George Gershwin–composer)
4) Marc (Marc Chagall–artist)
5) Arthur (Arthur Miller–playwright)
1) Golda (Golda Meir–Israeli Prime Minister)
2) Betty (Betty Friedan–author of The Feminine Mystique)
3) Emma (Emma Goldman–anarchist/activist)
4) Chana (Chana Senesh–fought against Nazis)
5) Henrietta (Henrietta Szold–founder Hadassah)
Check out the top Jewish political names or see the complete set of lists of baby name suggestions.