It’s so hot, at least where I live in the Northeast. And to make it worse, we don’t have central AC, so turning on the oven or stove for long periods of time requires serious planning, like the ability to shower immediately after.
I don’t know about you, but while my kids are great eaters, I can’t get them to eat salad for dinner. So on those sweltering days when it’s too dang hot to patchke around in a hot kitchen for too long, these 9 dinner ideas are satisfying, kid-friendly and won’t have you shvitzing (or at least anymore than you already are).
1. Caprese Fruit Skewers from Weelicious (just leave off prosciutto if you keep kosher)
2. Easy Guacamole Tostada from The Weary Chef
3. Grilled Chicken Breasts with Strawberry Salsa from Kveller
4. Taco Pasta Salad from Neighbor Food Blog
5. Crispy Baked Fish Tacos from PureWow
6. Avocado Spinach Artichoke Dip from Two Peas and their Pod
7. Vegetarian Sheet Pan Nachos from Marla Meredith
8. Healthy Zucchini Noodle Mac and Cheese from Food Faith Fitness
9. Baked Eggs in Avocado from Damn Delicious