It’s not Rosh Hashanah without the apples and honey. And with this project, you can add some apple decor to your new year’s table. Special thanks to my 7-year old son for helping with this one! (You’ll see his handiwork in the photos.)
Tablecloth and Napkins
Brushes (wide and narrow)
Fabric paint (red, green and black)
Smocks (or something to protect your clothing)
1. Cut apples in half (as shown) and tap them on paper towels to dry slightly.
2. Spread tablecloth on table (you may want to put some paper towels or newspaper beneath the areas where you will paint).
3. Paint the surface of the apple with a thick layer of red paint, using a wide brush.
4. Position apple on cloth and press paint side down. Hold for 10 seconds to make the print.
5. Carefully lift up the apple. (Don’t worry if the image is not complete—it actually looks better this way!)
6. Using a narrow brush, paint a stem.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 around the tablecloth to create more apples.
8. To make the napkins, repeat steps 1-6 using green paint.
9. Allow to dry for at least 24 hours. Then look how beautiful your Rosh Hashanah table can be!