We all love throwbacks and get nostalgic for our own childhoods. What better way to walk down memory lane with your kids than with your favorite children’s books?
Here’s five of our favorite children’s book from the ’80s:
1. “The Paper Bag Princess” by Robert Munsch (1981)
The story is about Elizabeth, a princess who lives in a castle and wears fancy clothes who is about to marry Prince Ronald. That is, until a dragon smashes her castle, burns her clothes, and kidnaps Ronald.
2. “A Light in the Attic” by Shel Silverstein (1981)
In this illustrated poetry book, you meet Backward Bill, Sour Face Ann, the Meehoo With an Exactlywatt, and the Polar Bear in the Frigidaire, and find out what happens when someone steals your knees…all in an attic.
3. “The New Baby” by Mercer Mayer (1983)
Perfect for a new big brother or sister.
4. “Where’s Spot?” by Eric Hil (1980)
Who doesn’t want to find Spot in this lift-a-flap book?
5. “Along Came a Dog” by Meindert DeJong (1980)
This focuses on the friendship of a little red hen and a homeless dog who appoints himself her guardian. So adorable.