We all need a little voyeuristic escape from reality sometimes, which is why social media is beloved by so many, especially Instagram. It allows you to take a peek into someone else’s life without having to actually switch bodies and be them for a day. The great thing about Instagram is that you can get the beautiful, ethereal photos of kids playing in a forest, while also looking at photos of all those hilarious parenting fails. It’s not like you have to choose.
Below I picked some of my favorite Instagram accounts and photos that will give you a respite from your life right now (because we all know you barely get enough “me time”):
1. Kenzie Jaws is a mom of three who is super creative and has lots of pictures of the cool clothes she makes kids.
2. Sesame Ellis is a photographer mom whose photos will dazzle you.
3. Bev Weidner has gorgeous photos and will give you #foodspo.
4. This mom of four boys will make you believe in magic.
5. A mom of two daughters captures their journey.
6. Sarah Tuttle-Singer, one of our writers, captures her life in Israel with her kids.
7. Naomi Davis is a dancer-mom-of-three in New York City with the best fashion sense.
8. This is the life of a 2-year-old, run by Ilana Wiles.
9. But don’t worry, Ilana has her own Instagram, full of adorable kid pictures.
10. The Real Moms of Insta isn’t just one woman, but it’s for the mom who is tired of the Pinterest-esque photos. Or you know, it’s just hilarious.
11. Candid Childhood is a mish-mosh of photos that are both fun and inspiring to look at.
12. Average Parenting Problems is another Instagram Ilana Wiles runs, and it’s bound to make you laugh.
13. Father of Daughters is kind of genius, and almost makes you feel bad for all the dads in your life.
Friday nights have changed somewhat over the last 10 years. I used to head down to the DIY store, buy an industrial size can of crimson emulsion & literally paint the town red every single weekend. Saturdays were for dying quietly while watching T4 while clemmie drooled over Steve Jones. Now I find myself soaked in bathwater that is 25% urine, while acting out the story of Melvin the homeless frog – A riches to rags tale of an amphibian who invested heavily in Heron protection, only to find that he’d been scammed by sly old Sophie the giraffe – the shit. All this is then followed by a beer in front of the TV & bed by 10.30pm. “Slow down Simon – your life is too crazy” said no one ever. Shout out to the parent crew on lock down tonight. #rockandrollparenting #bathwaterratiosareallwrong #bathtime #lifeinthefastishlane #fridaynightarentwhattheyusedtobe #FOD #fatherofdaughters #dadlife #instadad
14. Crazy Jewish Mom is the Instagram every mother and daughter can relate to.
If you are an avid Instagram user who sometimes posts pictures of your kids, share your account below. Also, don’t forget to add us on Instagram here.