We just can’t enough of Amazon’s hit The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and we’re not alone: The series recently picked up two Golden Globes, and it’s already been renewed for a second season.
We’re so obsessed, it’s almost as if we want it to be the 1950s again.
Well — not exactly, what with the sexism and racism and anti-Semitism and all. To be sure, nobody at Kveller thinks a woman’s (only) place is in the home.
No, what we’re really loving is the look of the 1950s.
We’ve already broken down how you can copy Midge’s outfits. But her fabulous kitchen? Ach! Don’t get us started! From her cherry-red walls to her decorative, floral-patterned Pyrex, we’re mad about Midge’s kitchen.
— The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (@MaiselTV) January 15, 2018
You may not have time, nor the inclination, to slave away on the stove the way a mid-century housewife may have done decades ago. And nobody’s suggesting you turn back the clock and get rid of that stainless-steel range or that supercool “connected” fridge.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t incorporate a few vintage-y pieces into your kitchen in order impart that retro-homey feel in your home. If you want just a smidge of Midge in your kitchen, read on for our top picks.
1. Yellow retro kitchen clock, $17
2. Black cat retro clock, $50
3. Retro spice jars, $30 (comes in three colors)
4. Kitchenaid convection oven, $263 (comes in eight colors)
5. Powder pink Smeg toaster, $150 (comes in six colors)
6. Bread box, $45 (comes in four colors)
7. Retro blue tooth radio, $80
8. Red Kitchenaid, $155
10. Kitchen prints, set of six, $33
11. Black polka dot apron, $30
14. While we’re at it, here’s a melamine tea cup set, $5
15. And a Fire King rose tea cup, $5