Kveller.com is seeking a full-time editorial assistant to join our staff. We’re a Jewish parenting website for smart, savvy moms, but you don’t need to be a mom to work here. You also don’t need to be Jewish, though some familiarity with Jewish culture and traditions helps. What we’re really looking for is someone with excellent editing and writing skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to stay on top of a variety of tasks. We are also looking for someone who is social media savvy and can keep a finger on the pulse of parenting trends and Jewish news, with a sense of humor and love of all things internet-y (and who can come up with a better word than internet-y).
Tasks for this entry-level job will include:
– Editing blog posts and loading them onto the site via WordPress
– Writing blog posts responding to relevant items in the news
– Creating our semi-weekly e-newsletters
– Promoting Kveller on social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
– Providing assistance with daily operations
– Sharp editorial eye, proofreading skills, and ability to follow in-house style guide
– Strong time management and organizational skills
– Familiarity with social media a must
– Efficient and engaging writer, with the ability to match Kveller’s current tone
– Good visual eye for photos and artwork to accompany blog posts
– Some familiarity with Photoshop and WordPress helpful, but not required
– Plays well with others (i.e. team player, likes collaborating)
– Strong attention to detail
The position will start immediately out of our Midtown Manhattan office. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance. To apply for this position, please send a resume, writing sample, and cover letter including the website or Twitter feed you are most enjoying these days and why, to email@example.com with “Editorial Assistant” in the subject line.