Kveller.com is seeking a full-time editorial assistant to join our New York-based team. We’re a Jewish parenting website for smart, savvy moms, but you don’t need to be a mom to work here. You also don’t need to be Jewish, though some familiarity with Jewish culture and traditions helps. What we’re really looking for is someone with excellent editing and writing skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to stay on top of a variety of tasks. Bonus points for a sense of humor and love of all things digital and internet-y (and who can come up with a better word than internet-y).
Tasks for this entry-level job will include:
– Editing blog posts and loading them onto the site via WordPress
– Writing blog posts
– Creating our daily e-newsletters
– Providing assistance with daily operations
– Aiding in big picture planning for the growth and expansion of the site
– Sharp editorial eye, proofreading skills, and ability to follow in-house style (familiarity with AP style a plus)
– Strong time management and organizational skills
– Efficient and engaging writer, with the ability to match Kveller’s current tone
– Good visual eye for photos and artwork to accompany blog posts
– Some familiarity with Photoshop and WordPress helpful, but not required
– Video editing skills helpful, but not required
– Plays well with others (i.e. team player, likes collaborating)
– Strong attention to detail
The position will start immediately out of our Midtown Manhattan office. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance. To apply for this position, please send a resume, writing sample, and cover letter including the website you are most enjoying these days and why, to email@example.com with “Editorial Assistant” in the subject line.