Dinner on weeknights can just be the worst, right?
Some people spend their Sundays prepping meals for the week, and while that might work on some weekends (for some people), other people want to enjoy their time away from the hectic-ness of the week.
But you can still throw together a family-friendly dinner with just a little menu planning and less than 30 minutes of prep time, even on the busiest nights. And I’m not talking about opening a box of pasta and dousing it in butter and parmesan, although sometimes that’s fine, too.
Check out these 13 ideas below for some inspiration. Do you have a go-to dinner when time is short? Make sure to post your favorites in the comments!
1. Hummus-Crusted Chicken from Gimme Some Oven
2. Pumpkin Swiss Chard Mac and Cheese
3. Mexican Tortilla Casserole from Savory Simple
4. Whatever-is-in-the-fridge Frittata
5. Paprika Chicken and Potatoes
6. Crockpot Sweet and Sour Brisket
7. Vegetarian Hamburger Helper from Jewhungry
8. Creamy Chicken with White Wine and Mushroom from Jewhungry
9. Grilled Chicken and Portobello Wraps with Garlic Mayo from Tales of an Overtime Cook
10. Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
11. Easy Chicken Stir Fry from Chef Savvy (leave out the fish sauce if your home is kosher)
12. Slow Cooker BBQ Cranberry Chicken from Who Needs a Cape
13. White Wine Braised Chicken Thighs with Potatoes and Tomatoes