Can you hear the angels singing softly in the distance? It’s the sound of your kids heading back to school any day now. I know I am excited.
But coming back down to earth for a second, there is the reality of back to school and the daily rigors. Like packing lunch.
We know coming up with creative, kid-approved ideas for lunch can be hard. But one way to ease some of the stress is by having the right gear to make lunch packing a bit easier. We all know that lunch these days probably isn’t just a sandwich and juice box, so it’s important to have the right packing materials. Here are some of my favorites:
1. My 4-year-old carb addict prefers eating a hot lunch like pasta, pierogies, or rice with lentils, and so these easy-to-pack, brightly-colored thermoses are life-savers.
2. If by some chance your kid WILL eat a sandwich, how fun are these Munchkin sandwich cutters!? Everything tastes better when it’s cut into a fun shape. This is just science.
3. If your kid likes to nosh a little of a few different things, having a sturdy, easily-washable bento box lunch box is the way to go.
4. Yogurt and fruit? Hummus and carrots? You need one of these cute and convenient two-part snack containers perfect for your kid’s favorite dipping treats.
5. If your freezer is like mine, it may be hard to find a cooler pack when you need one—never mind finding one small enough for a lunch box. These thin cooler packs are perfect sized for lunches and come in multiples.
What do you keep on hand to make lunch-packing easier? Let us know in the comments below.