As moms, it is hard to think of tangible things we would like to receive—you know, things other than “to pee alone” or “a hot cup of coffee.” I’ve found that motherhood has indeed made my standards as low as they can possibly be for simple joys and gifts, but sometimes it’s nice to receive something that isn’t scribbled on a hand-made coupon entitling the user “free hugs” (although eight nights of putting your clothes in the hamper does sound DEE-VINE.)
I tried to come up with a list that would fit every personality and budget, but let’s be honest, these are the things that I would like and I hope you like them, too! Including but not limited to a shameless plug for my friend and fellow Kveller contributing editor Carla Naumburg’s newest book dropping just in time for the holiday season.
We all know mamas don’t get holidays off but hint around (ahem, email your family this list) at a few things and you might just get to unwrap something other than fruit snacks and Band Aids this Hanukkah!
*And remember, the first night of Hanukkah this year is December 6*
1. Be Happy Temporary Tattoo, Tattly $5
2. Hanukkah Pajama Pants by Geltfiend, ModernTribe $38
3. Ready, Set, Breathe: Practicing Mindfulness with Your Children by Carla Naumburg, $12.79
4. Star of David Expandable Wire Ring, Alex and Ani $24
5. Kilty Suede Moccasins, Minnetonka $43
6. That’s All Ceramic Mug Good Mom, Santa Barbara Design Studio $16.50
7. Personalized Family Tree Papercut, $31 (Apparently they don’t ship to the US, but here’s a similar one that does!)
8. Mama All Day Adult Hoodie, Little Arrow Co. $42